Here’s the news…"Welcome HOME!"
After two and a half years of going through the Haitian process to acquire land in Cap Haitien we’re finally finished. The mayor of Limonade said "Welcome Home HHA". We still cannot believe it…have to pinch ourselves! We have watched God work from the very beginning. There were many times we thought we should give up on this land and look elsewhere but we knew God was in charge. He kept telling us to be faithful… Be still and know that I am God. We are in awe of HIM and all He has done for HHA and most importantly our beautiful Kay Anj kids.
Now we have 40 acres of LOVED land. The future for HHA is in Gods hands. It’s on to building our Kay Anj Village!
Most of you know about our Kay Anj Village (KAV) plans. We plan to build 8 "family homes" for our kids and for 80 abandoned kids from our new community. We’ve done much research on the most effective way to raise an abandoned child. The kids will learn to be a true family. We will also build a church, school and medical clinic. Our plan is to have a farm on the back of the property where the kids will learn farming and we will become self-sustaining in a few years. The church, school and medical clinic will all serve the local community as well as our 80 kids and wonderful Haitian staff. If any of you would like to see plans or learn more we are more than happy to talk with you!
So you’re going to think we’re nuts but we’ve waiting two and a half years for this land…We thought it would be fun to do MUD ANGELS…not snow angels. So we got some of our new neighbors of Limonade, our kids who had good grades in school and us to do mud angels on our new land!! Everyone loved it!
And there’s more good news! Last week we invited Jeremy and Sarah Maurer to come with us to Haiti to meet our Kay Anj kids, staff, mama’s etc. Jeremy and Sarah heard Gods call to go to Haiti to help abandoned children. They have agreed to a 2 year commitment to be the Directors for Kay Anj D’ayiti! They will be the Mom and Dad to our 80 kids and supervise our staff. We are incredibly blessed to have found them. Our kids met them and all fell in love instantly. Jeremy and Sarah have 4 children, Josiah, Gabbi, Izzy and Caleb. They will all be moving to Haiti from California in early 2013. Please pray that they are able to raise their money and take care of all that goes along with moving to Haiti. We are overflowing with joy…we are in awe of God and all He is doing for HHA and especially our kids.
Thank YOU all for your continued support and love for Helping Haitian Angels. We are all family.
Please consider a final 2012 tax deductible contribution before December 31st. Wouldn’t you rather donate to HHA than the IRS?! See the items below for some of our needs.
- School books for a year – $40
- School uniform (includes 2)- $35
- Chickens- $10 each or a family for $30
- Personal care for girls and boys – $25 per month
- Pastor Smitty’s small group Bible study lessons twice weekly- $100 per month
- Carpentry Vocational school for our boys- $150 per month
- Goats for our farm- $150 each
- Gas for HHA Truck – $150 per month or $1800 for the year
- Nutritious food for one child – $170 per month or $2040 for the year.
- Sewing tutors $250 monthly
- Medical and dental for one child for a year – $300
- Education for one child- $480 for the year
- A mama’s salary for a month $185 or a year- $2200
- Well for clean water-$2500
- Clean water at Kay Anj Orphanage – $210 per month or $2520 for the year.
Proverbs 19:17- “Whoever is kind to the needy honors God and will be rewarded for his generosity”.